Mar 8, 2009

Let's play catch-up!

I have found that it is getting harder and harder to update the blog and I don't really have an excuse! So I will just have to keep playing catch-up with everything and that includes a lot of random pictures which are mostly for me so I can keep up!
Mat just got back from California and while he was flying over Utah Lake, he took a few pictures. I thought they turned out really neat because you can see that the ice is starting to break up.
We love to drive down and see the ice build up on the shore so we need to do that really soon!
My friends and I had a little shower for our friend, Mere. She is having her first baby girl and I jumped at the chance to be able to bring these cute cupcakes to the shower. Aren't they adorable! I got them from a place in Provo and they are so yummy!
Me, Pam, Julie, Amberly, Mere, Olivia & Meagan

I LOVE to buy things for little girls so I had to get these cute pink boots. Girl things are so much cuter than boy things...but I still love my boys!

The 3 pregnant girls!

For some reason, I got into a mood where I wanted to make a craft with the boys. It doesn't happen very often and they love to do it so we went to the store and they found these boxes and said that they wanted to have special boxes to put their "treasures" in. So we took them home and decorated them. They loved it and I even had a lot of fun!
Ben's box with space on it.
Sam's box with bears. He looks like an orphan child in this picture but he has been really independent with getting ready lately so what else can I do?!?!

Ben with his new bike. It's a little big and it makes me nervous but he won't get off of it. Then it had to snow so he has been asking every day to go out and he can't. Argh!
It was Dr. Seuss day at school and I didn't have anything that was really Dr. Seuss so Ben just dressed up with silly things. He wore two different shoes and he had a ball! It's sad but if I didn't pick out his clothes every day, this is what he would be wearing!

Mr. Attitude. Sam has a hard time when Mat is out of town...and I have to be the receiver of it!
My sister and her husband were going to go snowmobiling one night so I told her that I wanted to have the girls sleep over since Mat was gone and it gets a little boring. They ended up not going but we still had them over and it was so much fun!
These pictures are for Hillary & Eric. Here is dad's new boat. He is so happy and excited and is already planning many trips with it. We are going to have so much fun this summer up at Flaming Gorge!
The inside...
another shot...
and here she is! The name on the boat is "Playbuoy"! Ha!
And last but not least, this is the loot that Mat brings home from this trip. I love it! I grew up with my dad (who is a pharmacist) bringing home all the medicine samples and now I have Mat who brings home all the natural food samples. The kids love it even though some of the things are nasty there are alot that are really good!

9 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! I need some suggestions on what to do for spring break...any ideas. Your family is always doing something fun.
I love the boys boxes they turned out sooo cute!
I think those cupcakes look amazing. where is it in Provo? You for sure must be baby hungry with all these pregnant women around you.

Hillary said...

I love catch up posts! It makes me feel like I am not missing out on anything. Cute cupcakes...I thought you made them! Cute boxes for the boys...although they looked a little too neatly done, are you sure they helped? I am so excited to come out this summer...boating will be so fun and now we can all go together. Yeah dad! Ben is so clever...he looked awesome on Dr. Seuss day.

Lori said...

HI. Those cupcakes were killer...but you know I am dying that I wasn't invited right??? Jk. No really how come ;)

I love the loot, that is awesome! I love free stuff.

Rasmussens said...

Those cupcakes are so cute. What a good mom you are. Those boxes are so cute. I think you are the greatest.

Katie L. said...

Hillary the kids did help! Ha! I know they look really nice but I used Jessica's cricket and they got to put the mod-podge (spelling?) on and that is what they loved the most. :)

Lori said...

Of course I forgive you. It's not like I live next door. I just miss you guys :)

Dan & Ashley said...

I always loved when my dad came home from the pharmacy conventions with a bag full of stuff! I love the boxes you did with your boys.

Misses~ said...

I decided to stay up until midnight and check out a few blogs I'd missed for awhile and the link in the neighborhood led me to yours. Enjoyed seeing pictures of your family. When you're neighbor friends you kinda only see the site of Hi, how ya doin' and goodbye. It’s great to see what you do outside of church. Lol. I can't believe you sewed all those buttons, nuts! Talk to ya on facebook.

The Swensons said...

First of all, those are the cutest cupcakes! I felt like a slacker when I saw them because I thought you made them, but I guess it's okay since you bought them. Second, thanks for pics of the boat--I am excited to get on it! And lastly, what cool treasure boxes for the boys! Okay, I guess you are making me feel like a slacker mom!