Mar 30, 2010

I finally gave in...

After MANY years of wanting (mostly on Mat's part) we are officially...
boat owners!
Last week Mat talked me into getting a boat. We are super excited but there are just a few things that are stressing me out...namely where to put it and what to pull it with. Ha! But Mat says that doesn't matter because we have a boat! Right?!?!?
Last night we took it down to the lake to try it out with our brother-in-law (who's family we bought it from). Mat and Cory went out on the lake and since it was just a quick trip I stayed on the beach with the kids. They were SOOO excited to see our boat on the water!

Sam collecting his rocks. I picked up his coat to hang it up today and it was so heavy because there were 8 rocks stuffed in the pockets!
Off they go!
Me & my boys
They were acting silly so I had to get a picture of it.
Toothless Ben...which I think his teeth are FINALLY coming in after 6 months!

Mat driving it. We need to really learn a few things like backing in a trailer and all that jazz but they will all happen sooner or later! We are excited and you know where we will be all summer long!

9 comments:

laura said...

You guys are going to love the summer! I love to boat and my Mom got a boat two years ago. We spent so much time at the lake. Cute pics of the boys. I really like your new background.:)
Laura

Osburn said...

I love the toothless Ben picture! With your boat I want you to remember one thing... SHARING IS CARING!

Robyn said...

With three boys in the house you need lots of toys for each of them. :) You should check out the Joyography workshop I went to--you have a knack for taking good pics and let me tell you this workshop was amazing. I finally understand my camera!

Tiffany Robinson said...

Congrats!! It looks good and FUN!

The Swensons said...

Wow, looks like you guys will definitely have more fun this summer than we will. We will have to take it for a spin when we come out!

The Swensons said...

Wow, looks like you guys will definitely have more fun this summer than we will. We will have to take it for a spin when we come out!

Rasmussens said...

Fun, fun. We have actually talked about getting on e two. Fun times.

Mary said...

Dustin has been wanting to see a picture of it! What fun! Congrats!!!

Aly said...

That's awesome news. I think Mat has wanted a boat as long as I've known him. Should make for a fun family summer.