Jan 2, 2011

Other December activities...

We had fun things going on all December but for the most part it was a relaxing and low key holiday season! I am so blessed with my family and all that we have.
I wanted to get a picture for our Christmas card so one Sunday, I made them all go into the river bottoms and take a picture. Thank goodness for tripods and remotes! I think it turned out really cute and the boys weren't too upset about having to stand in the snow until I got my picture!
I was able to help out at Ben's 2nd grade gingerbread house activity. It was so much fun but what a mess!
Ben is getting excited for his upcoming baptism! I can't believe he is almost 8!
We went and saw Santa. I think Ben is starting to question the idea of it all. That makes me sad.

Our Charlie Brown Christmas tree in our front yard. All we needed was a big ornament to put on top and it would have looked perfect!
We attempted to make gingerbread men this year and they turned out really good! The kids had a great time decorating them but I think Mat had more fun!

Dipping pretzels in white chocolate. I think they ate each one they dipped!

The cousins playing at John and Summers. They had a disco ball going in this room and turned the lights off and danced the night away! Ha! We are lucky to see most of the cousins at some point during the week!
Mat & I at Paula's party with some YUMMY food! I didn't hold back on eating this year and it tasted so good but I am really starting to regret it! :)

The nativity this year...Ben had the part of Joseph and Sam was the shepard!

Mat & I on Christmas morning at his dads house.
Paula's Christmas party!

I had told the boys that they could have a sleepover with their cousins. So we did one night and it was fun...probably more for them than me! We watched movies and ate food and got some sleep. Fun times!
We had a great season filled with a lot of family and a lot of feeling the true meaning of it all. Bring on the New Year!

1 comments:

The Swensons said...

Good times at Aunt Katie's! You may not have had tons of fun at the sleepover but my boys LOVED it. We had so much fun out there--makes me even more anxious to move!