As much as I love to garden, I have never had my own vegetable garden. I have a million flowers and trees and bushes but my one attempt at trying a garden became the family joke (mostly by my grandpa Lee) and they would all laugh at what I did. No need to go into those details since I am trying to forget it. So when my good friend told me about the square foot garden I KNEW I had to do it! :)
After I got the book, Mat got all the supplies for me and we built it for my Mother's Day present. The kids and I planted all the things we wanted and we have had a ball watching it!
In my little garden I have strawberries, zucchini, cucumbers, beets, carrots, tomatoes, peas, beans & marigolds to try and keep the bugs away! I have already got a few things out of it and even though it is not enough to bottle (let's face it, I was not blessed with that ability...sorry grandma) it's plenty for my little family!
On a side note, we must live on top of a grasshopper colony. They are EVERYWHERE and they start out super tiny and very hungry. They were getting at my garden and I didn't like it so Mat pulled out his tent with it's broken post and made me a net that I can take on and off! It has saved my garden! The SF wind has only blown it away once and then I got smart and we staked it down!

1 comments:
I LOVE IT!! That is my kind of Garden. Come help me start one!
I have missed you :(
Post a Comment