Aug 29, 2012

The end of summer...to school!

Where did summer go?  I feel like it went by way to fast for us this year!  We ended it doing a lot of fun things and the boys were very excited to start school and see their friends!
 
Salem Days 2012
 They didn't get as much as they used to at the parade but they got enough candy for me!
 Grandma Karen with us on the bridge
 Mat ran the Hobble half marathon again this year.  He didn't have his running buddy this time and did it by himself.  He also didn't train as much but he did a great job and we were there to cheer him on!  It's a good thing he wore the green socks so we could spot him.  :)

 We went on a Ranger ride with my parents and took a picnic.  The smoke was horrible that day but we had a good time!  We went to a tower up Sheep Creek.
 My dad brought the metal detector.  The boys loved it!
 Ben by the tower.
 Before we left I told Sam to grab a jacket in case it gets cold.  He said he did and I left it at that.  When I asked him to put on his jacket he pulled out the Indiana Jones costume "jacket" and put it on!  Really...he found a stick that looked like a whip and he thought he was Indie.  Too bad he got cold on the ride down!
 Up in the middle of nowhere we see this trailer.  It looks like a circus trailer so we wondered what it was.  We took the Ranger up by it until we saw the sign..."God's Gold...Bees"! 
Yikes!  We slowly backed away but I wanted to get a better look so I hopped out.
 There were millions of bees and this picture doesn't do it justice but they would fly into the holes.  Very cool!
 Sam is my baking assistant.  He helped make muffin and bread one Sunday.  He even added his own "war paint" with flour and ended up having to get in the shower.
 Summer has ended and the first day of school is here!
 
Sam is in 2nd grade!
 Ben is in 4th!
They have loved it and I am getting used to the house being quiet.  We had a great summer!

1 comments:

Hillary said...

Been waiting for these Back to School pictures! They are so handsome, and I love the messenger bags!