Nov 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

This year, Mat came up with an idea for decorating with our pumpkins.  Thanks to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, Mat wanted to stake pumpkins all over our yard.  Sounds cool...yes!  Can we do it...maybe???
 
In all, we had over 18 pumpkins from different places.  Mat wanted to carve as many as possible, I didn't since I was the one cleaning them out. 
Ben carving his!
 Sam carving his!
 Mat carving one of the many he did!
 Family shot!
 We didn't have stakes so we used what we had.  A shovel and a metal pole.  So the many pumpkins all over the yard ended up being the two on "stakes" and a couple in the bushes.  It still looked really cool!
 Horrible picture, but you get the idea.  We added a few more after this!
 All ready for school!  The ninja and the ostrich rider...he named him Turkey!
 I helped out at the school and did a fun game with Sam's class.  I didn't get a picture of it but it turned out really great and then they got to go paint pumpkins.
 Parade time!
 By this time Turkey was loosing air...we went through a couple packs of batteries!
 Sam's class with his amazing teacher!
 Ben with his amazing teacher!  She always has the best costumes!
 The ninja waiting to go trick or treating!
 The boys with their cousins and my mom!
 
Off they go! 
We got a TON of candy but sadly Sam started to not feel very well and around 11 pm we heard the sound that every parent loves to hear...vomit! Ugh. The poor kid was so tired that he didn't even realize he was throwing up so now I get to spend the whole day doing laundry while he watches tv. Besides that part, it was a great Halloween!

1 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Sounds like Sam had TOO much CANDY!
I love the many pumpkins, that was alot of work. Do you put candles in the pumpkins and light them every night?