Feb 11, 2009

100th day & Valentine Box!

This past week was my week of "crafts" for Ben's school. Mat was out of town so I had all the time in the world to work on it. Ben had his 100th day of school today. We had to make a shirt with 100 things on it. My sister did this a couple weeks ago in Louisiana and I didn't think that I would have to, but then I got the note that day. So Ben decided that he wanted buttons. My mom has an awesome collection of random buttons so Ben went up and counted out 100. I could have glued them on but I decided to sew them on (crazy I know). After many hours of sewing each button on, it was finished for today!
He is so proud! Notice Sam in the background giving me a glare. Ha!
I told Ben that he gets to wear it today and then I am putting it up and saving it for Sam when he has to do it. I don't want to have to do this again for obvious reasons.

Since I was spending so much time with Ben and his projects, Sam had a lot of alone time. Well, this is what he does so I had to throw this in! Goggles, bag, sword (stuffed down the back of his pants), phone in his pocket and all my hangers he could find! I love this kid!
I didn't realize that they give each grade a theme for their valentine boxes. Kindergarten was nursery rhymes. They wanted the kids to do most of the work and that is really hard for me! I would love to do it just like I want it but I was very patient (shocker) and I let him do most of the work. All that I did was wrap the box and cut the letters and hearts out. He did the rest and he did awesome!

I picked up some glitter glaze so he had fun with that! He glazed all the hearts and the mittens.


When Ben concentrates really hard he sticks his tongue out. I love it!

The finished project! He wanted to do "3 little kittens have lost their mittens" so he drew all three kittens, cut them out and glued the eyes on. He also made all the mittens out of felt, glitter, rick-rack, and puffballs! We really had a lot of fun with this and he was such an amazing artist for it being our first time!
He's so proud! He can't wait to take it tomorrow!

10 comments:

The Dahle's said...

Ben did awesome with his valentime box! Seriously for a kindergartner those are amazing drawn cats! It is so cute! I love the random picture of Sam! What a funny kid!

Fords said...

I love the valentine box...it is so cute!

The Gulls said...

i cant wait until corbin gets to start making valentine boxes. I always loved doing them in grade school. Ben's box is so cute!

Rasmussens said...

W did the button shirt also. Only I glued them on. You are a good mom. Lauren loved making her box too. Isn't kindergarten fun?

Angie said...

That is so cute! I love that you decided on buttons. I want a shirt like that now! :) His box is so cute too. You are such a fun mom!

Saedi said...

That is so cute! I love his shirt! You are seriously so amazing, I don't think I could do that much work!!!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Love the Box!

For our 100 day, we didn't have to do a shirt (thank goodness), we just had to take 100 things...first year lote took a necklace of 100 fruit loops! This year she took 100 pennies!

After seeing your sewing job, umm yeah I suck. ha!

Osburn said...

Bens box is GREAT!!!!! I can't believe you allowed glitter in your house! I tried putting up pics of the boys on sunday, but it would only let me add one at a time. I got sick of waiting! i'll try again tonight!

Hillary said...

Are you NUTS! Haven't you heard of hot glue! I can't believe you sewed 100 buttons on that shirt. You win the mom of the year award for that one. That Valentine box is so cute! What a great idea!

Tiffany Robinson said...

I got away lucky on the 100th day...Avorie didn't want to have me make or sew anything on she just wanted to find an outfit with 100 things on it. His V-box turned out GREAT!!