Jan 28, 2009

Our fun family weekend!

We have been going and going and going lately so this past weekend, Mat and I just wanted to spend it all with the boys and have fun. Friday night we had dinner at home and then we surprised the boys and took them to a movie. They were SO excited, especially Ben because his favorite thing is to go to the theaters.
I had to throw this picture in because this is how Sam has been lately. He really has about 5 - 6 swords, guns, light sabers, and whatever else he can find stuffed in his belt loops and down his pants! The newest thing is wearing Mat's old skiing goggles! He has to "disarm" just to go to the bathroom!

When I was little, my brother and sisters and I would take my mom's yarn and make mazes through the house. I told Ben about that and so he wanted to do it. We had a lot of fun going through the house but then he wanted to make a surprise for me in his room. I left him to it and this is what he did. He made a spider-web around his brothers bed!

And what spider-web is complete without the spider! Ha!


On Saturday, we took them to Park City. This was mostly for Mat and I to shop and I was worried about how they would act but they were SO good! It was raining pretty hard and they loved the umbrella so that kept them busy and then the toy store up there is going out of business so they got to pick out some pretty cool toys that were super cheap. Sam got more guns and swords (I think I should be worried) and Ben got a Transformer thing. We went to dinner after and they had a fun time there and they were really good! Something must have been in the air because that doesn't happen!
That night was the BYU basketball game. This is the first time that we have taken both boys. Mat's brother and his little girl came too! It started out really good. If you look behind Mat in this picture, Ben is really into the game!
Ben & Mat watching. I, on the other hand, was wrestling with Sam. All he wanted was treats!
Makenna and Sam. These two are funny. Whatever the other one has, the other one wants. I think they switched seats about a million times and they each wanted the others treats.
Cheering along with the crowd. Sam loved that part of it!

Ben really got into singing the BYU song. He makes me laugh!

It was a fun game, but it was the first and last time that we will take both. They are much easier when they are by themselves! The only downer was that night, at about 3 AM, Ben started to throw-up. So he and I got to spend more time together as he kept going. 13 times later, he felt better! Luckily, no one else has got it yet, knock on wood! It was such a fun weekend and the boys really did enjoy it. We really need to do this more often!

11 comments:

Osburn said...

Sam and his swords are FUNNY!!! the other day he just kept pulling them out of his pants... I don't know how they all fit in there! Looks like you had a pretty fun weekend!

Hillary said...

What great parents you are. Your boys will remember this forever. I sure wish we could go to BYU games with our boys, they would love it.

Tiffany Robinson said...

Sounds like a good time. We have never been to a BYU game...It looks just as full as a Jazz game would. I do admit that it is alot calmer when there is just one to wrestle with.

Becca said...

My boy makes webs for me too. The other day, he (4 yo) got ahold of some sewing thread. I couldn't really even see it. As I entered the room, I tripped on it, fell, got all tangled up, and couldn't get out. My son thought it was hysterical.

Rasmussens said...

We saw you at the game. Jeff and I were there. You were about 5 rows below us. Looks like you had a great time.

Mindy said...

It sound like you guys had a fabulous weekend, except for the throwing up part.
It looks like the game was lots of fun. Rise and shout. . .

Lori said...

Whew! I am worn out just thinking about your adventures, but it sure sounds like fun!

Leah said...

Love the spider on his yarn made web. How cute. I love that you guys get to do such fun things together. Zeb is almost done and then maybe we can too! ;)

Lori said...

I dropped my cell phone in the sink, so now it is broken, and then my husband took my little canon fishing and it got a little wet, and now it is broken. I am really upset about that one.

Aly said...

How fun/funny! I love these little glimpses into what life is like with boys. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandpa. What a blessing your boys got to know him a little.

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

oh, i laugh everytime i read your blog and see your pics. I swear about 97% of your pics are identical to pics of my three boys! We too have spiderwebs all over the bunkbed and swords down the pants and hangers taht they use for captain hook. Anyway, just funny to see how similar our lives must be with raising all boys. It's fun, i wouldn't change it one bit. I think boys are just super fun! Good luck to you!