Jul 23, 2009

The Owl

A couple years ago, Mat saw an owl in the river bottoms and really wanted to get a picture of it. So for a LONG time after that we would have the camera with us as we drove down there but we never really saw it again. He wanted a picture of an owl but you don't see them very often.
Last week, he was 4-wheeling with the boys at the ranch when he saw 2 owls. For a couple nights after we went up and "stalked" the birds. Last night we went up again (which I told him it was the last) and he finally got a great picture!

6 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

that pic is awesome!!! definately put that in the salem photo contest. you'll have to let us know how you tracked them, we have one near us that i'd love to see someday.

Tiffany Robinson said...

That is awesome! I love how the light is hitting just in the right area. It is a beautiful creature.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Awesome pix! That's probably a once in a life time shot!

looks like a photo in a Wildlife Magazine...look at those EYES!!!

Thanks for sharing!

julie! said...

Katie!
Did you change yr email address? I tried sending you an email today and it sent back and said it permanently failed...?
I had a question for you. Remember for John's baby shower you gave him a hooded towel (which I LOVE) and you said you made it. Do you have a pattern or instructions for that? I could prob try to figure it out, but my preggo mind doesn't work so well right now...
thanks!
julie

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

That's awesome! I love owls, I think they're so pretty! If you want to view my blog leave your email address at mcmorley07.blogspot so i can invite you!

Leah said...

VERY cool picture. The stalking paid off!