Jun 10, 2010

Our trip (part 2)

We finally got to Long Beach and got on the ship. The kids were so excited to see it and they couldn't believe how big it was! I can't even count how many times we got lost.


Mat & the boys waiting to be able to get into our room.

Our boat...very big!

We had a great time eating in the formal dining room but I realized something...my kids have NO manners! Between burping (VERY loudly), spilling, playing with the many forks and cups, and being plain silly it was crazy! My grandma Lee would not be proud of this! I tried to teach them some things like why the waiter puts the napkin on your lap and not your head but who knows if it worked.

Like I said...
There were some shows that we took the kids to. They were interesting and oddly entertaining at the same time! Here are my parents with some of the grand kids. They were good sports for putting up with them all week!


We went swimming on the warm day but the first day was chilly! We were in our suits but had to grab our jackets. The boys loved the golf course on the top of the ship.

All the cousins getting ready to play!


We saw a ton of animals. Dolphins were always chasing the ship and we spotted a couple whales too!

We went the cheaper way when it came to our room (which IF we ever went on another cruise we would "splurge" and get something better than our box) and my parents had one that was nicer with a window. We were always sending the kids down to their room to look out the back of the ship! I'm sure they loved that! :)

One thing that I LOVED about this was the place where you send the kids. They didn't want to leave! I couldn't believe all the things they did with them. Painting faces, games, prizes, dances, and movies! Very cool! Sam loved his tiger face so much he didn't want it to come off.

They had a great splash park for the kids to play in.

Also a cool waterslide!

We got a strawberry daiquiri one day and Sam couldn't wait to try it. He was in HEAVEN with all the food! I think he had around 5-6 ice cream cones a day!


Our 1st stop (Puerto Vallarta)
We went to a really nice resort with an awesome beach where we could boogie board and kayak all day! They had a great pool and we were able to eat anything we wanted...so we did! The food was great and so were the drinks!

We love sand!


Sam loved boogie boarding! He was actually really good! I went out with him a couple times and he was trying to tell me how to do it! Ha!


Waiting at the bar for his lemonade!

I had to throw this picture in. Don't even look at Mat...notice the guy in the speedo behind him! Ha! The boys kept wondering why he was in his underwear! Soooo hot! :)

It was such a relaxing and wonderful day!

After the beach we headed to the pool. Look at this thing! They went across the bridge and down the crocodile slides. The pool also had underwater caves you could swim in but they freaked me out so I wouldn't let them go into it!

Ben

Sam

The whole gang right before we left that day. We wish that my brother's family could have been there!


Our 2nd stop (Mazlatan)

We were the only ones who got off the boat this day. My sister's family is in the military and the US won't allow our military to go into that state because it's too dangerous for them so they stayed on and we were the crazy ones to get off!

There was a jellyfish warning so we couldn't get into the water. We had fun walking around the beach and shops and collecting seashells!

Mat got some mango's from a guy on the beach. They have fresh lime juice, salt and cayenne pepper on them. They were AMAZING!!! We road around in a taxi (think Fred Flintstones car) and it was neat seeing all the city.

We were very lucky to have nice waitresses. They were from Russia and Bosnia. The one wasn't too happy when we sat at her table but we ended up putting all the older kids there every night and she was happy after that. Maybe she didn't like us or something! Ha! They had the kids sing and dance with them every night and laughed when they ordered jello and cookies for dessert over and over again!


Our last stop (Cabo San Lucas)

I found it very interesting that this is the end of the Baja Peninsula. One side was the Sea of Cortez and the other was the Pacific Ocean. Very cool!


We went out on a water taxi (tiny boats that were scary to be in in the big ocean) to a beach that you can't get to by land. He took us on a little tour while we were out and we saw a real pirates cave, Pelicans, Seals, and fish. The cool part was when String Rays started jumping out of the ocean right in front of our boat. I wish I could have got a picture of that!


Pacific Window. We are in the Sea of Cortez but you can see Pacific through it!


Arch at the end of the peninsula! Very beautiful! The water was very rough and choppy so there were a lot of crazy waves!
This beach was amazing! One side was the Sea of Cortez and then you walk to the other and it's the Pacific. That side had a crazy strong riptide so the kids weren't aloud in the water. We saw a girl get sucked in and luckily her friends pulled her out!


My boys were in heaven with all the rocks to climb on!


All the cousins. Notice the HUGE waves!


Playing on the beach!

Our family!

Climbing on the rocks looking for crabs. I am shocked they didn't get pinched!

Enjoying the beach!



It was a once in a lifetime trip with my family and I love that we were able to experience it with our boys! I do have to say that I NEVER want to spend 7 days in an extremley small room with all four of us again. I love them but I need my space! :)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! The places you went are beautiful! I especially like the pics from the Baja Peninsula. So cool! I am also very impressed with your bravery in taking your kids on a cruise. I don't know if I would live through that. Glad you guys had a good time!

Osburn said...

Chase and I are sitting here in complete jealousy of your trip. Some of those beaches look fake... like you have photo shopped yourselves in them! It looks like you guys had a blast!

The Dahle's said...

That vacation looks like a dream vacation! How fun for you guys and that is awesome you got to do that!

Tiffany Robinson said...

I am so proud that you have blogged your vacation so quickly!! 7 days is a long time to be cooped up I agree!!

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

love the pics, looks like you guys had a great time. I am so happy for you guys!!!!

Whitaker Family said...

Oh Katie-I am so jealous. I want to go on that cruise. It looks like such a blast!!! I hope you are doing good, and next time you guys do something like that, we want to go with you.

Aly said...

What an amazing trip!