For a long time, my side of the family has been planning on going on a cruise together. Mat has always said no. Plain and simple he did not want to go on one again. So when my family actually starting booking it, I really wanted to go. My sister (who lives in Louisiana) who I never see was coming with her boys and my other sister was going as well! I wanted to be with them! Around that time I also wanted to get new wood floors in my house. Mat (thinking that I would never give up the chance to have new floors) said you can either go on the cruise or get new floors...I chose the cruise!
We decided to drive down to LA because my brother lives in California at Fort Irwin. They always make comments about it being in the middle of no where and I really didn't believe them. I do now! It's in the middle of the desert with a speed limit of 25 around the whole base. I told Eric I felt like we were living in slow motion!
Just as you drive in, there are rocks everywhere (and nothing else), but at one big pile each troop that goes there paints their name and symbol. It was really neat because it's the only form of color you see on the hour ride in the desert!
All the cousins
The boys picked out the pirate one to get our family in front of.
Eric and Kelly had a BBQ for us. They didn't come on the cruise with us because they have younger kids and she is pregnant. It was fun being able to see where they live and visit for awhile.
Since Uncle Eric is in the army, he was able to pull a few strings and get the kids a chance to sit in the helicopter. They thought it was so neat! The got to put on the helmet and gloves and climb around in it. Very cool!



2 comments:
Did you all get to drive together (caravan to California) how fun to get inside the helicopter and where their helmets even...John would have loved that himself.
Your family is so fun! Have a great time.
Post a Comment