Sep 8, 2010

School Days!

Before I had kids I never really liked summer. I am not a fan of the heat so I was always glad for fall to come. Now that both of my kids are in school I miss summer! I miss the late nights, water fights while I am trying to water flowers, otter-pops galore, and not having to stick to a strict schedule. It's a good thing that both boys love school or else I would have a harder time than I already do!
The night before school started we hung out in the backyard and of course it ended in a water-fight! I love this picture because Sam really does look up to Ben and it just proves it!
Ben was trying to see how long he could stand there while I sprayed him!

Sam tried but he didn't last very long!
Sam before bed...I have no idea what he was doing!

Sam's first day of Kindergarten. This was a very hard day for me. My baby is growing up and I am not ready. I am not ready to have both my kids in school and it was not my plan for it to happen so soon! But I have come to learn that what I plan might not be what I get and it's hard for me to handle it.
He was so excited to go to school where Ben does!
Ben's first day of 2nd grade!
Sam waiting to go in. He has Ben's old teacher so he was really excited!
I really thought that he would have a hard time going in but not at all! He was so excited and sat right down. I was the one who had the hard time leaving! Now that it's been a week I am used to having him gone every day and I am getting a lot of things done with my time! I am just glad that my boys love school!

4 comments:

Rasmussens said...

YOur boys are so cute. Sam has this look to him that you can't help but not love. Can't believe both boys are in school. YOu can have mine that aren't. Ha Ha

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh, I am a little jealous of your alone time. How cool! I'm glad every one is loving school. Those boys are getting big, Katie.

Hillary said...

Cute kids....although I think Sam might need a haircut? I am just jealous and wish my boys could wear their hair like that, but they don't have the right texture! They look so grownup! Before you know if they will be passing the sacrament. Enjoy your alone time....maybe you will have time to email me those picture I have been asking for!!!!! Love ya!

Beth said...

I totally agree with you about summer. I still don't love the heat, but it is worth it to have the kids home!