Mat and his friend Cory decided months ago to sign up for the Hobble Creek half marathon. I had no idea that he even liked to run so this was news to me. He trained hard for a long time and even though he had many aches and pains he kept training. The day before he decided to go out on the lake...because at the time that seemed like a good idea, right? He ended up twisting his ankle wake boarding! It was swollen and sore but he still decided to run.
The boys and I and Cory's family waited at the finish line for them.
The end...yeah!!! They ran it just over 2 hours. Pretty good for a twisted ankle!
They did it! Mat said he doesn't think he would ever do that again, but he will probably change his mind.
The boys were so proud of their dad and a little jealous because he got chocolate milk and Popsicles at the end and they didn't. Ha! Way to go Mat!
4 comments:
Good Job Mat. He will so do it again, running is addicting. Now we have to get you going Katie. Ha Ha
Isn't Mat getting a little too old for this....Just kidding! Good for him, Jared wants to do one, so we'll see.
Awesome job Mat...I can't believe that you did that with injuries and all! You are an inspiration...maybe Dustin and I will have to do one someday!
I had no idea mat was so hot with his shirt off, whatever happened to brothers looking alike? (john)
Post a Comment