Dec 31, 2012

Cheese & Temple Square!

So...one thing that Mat loves is cheese plates.  Not just the normal ones but fancy ones with names I don't know how to pronounce.  His brother does too!  That gave me an idea and we decided to have a little cheese party.  We provided the cheese and John brought the smokes meat.  The rest of the family couldn't come so it ended up being our two families and Mat's dad.  It was a nice night with good food and some not so good.  I might not be a big of fan as Mat and his brother & dad!
The only picture I took that night.
 Right before Christmas we went up to SLC to stay over night with my family.  We stayed in the Marriott in City Creek.  It was a lot of fun!
The kids had a ball swimming.
 We saw all the lights, along with a million other people.  We ended up eating at Lamb's Cafe since it was the only place we could get in with that many people and it's one of the oldest cafes in Utah still open!  My mistake is I tried the lamb...soooooo not a fan of lamb.  Yuck!
 Grandma and grandpa.  My dad was a trooper, he had surgery the day before and he did fine.  I think the pain meds might have helped a little!  :)
 They love to sleep at hotels!
 We walked around City Creek the next day.  The boys had never been there so they loved it! 
It was a fun overnight trip!

1 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

I am not a fan of the FANCY CHEESE either!

City Creek is fun for the kids to find all the different animal foot prints but it's COLD in the Winter.
Love the idea of staying a night and looking at the lights, we might have to plan that next year.