Oct 17, 2013

Homer

Once again I loved the drive to Homer.  It is about 6 hours away from Hillary so we got a hotel room for a night.  Homer is such a fun town with little shops and restaurants.  It was pretty chilly that night but we still walked around!
 
We had to get some seafood!!
 Mat & Hillary were the only ones that like oysters so they got some...yuck!
 Nate wanted to try one and he liked it!
 The boys loved the shops and wanted me to buy everything they saw!


 I loved this picture of them...they were worn out!
 

The beach that night was chilly but that didn't stop the boys from getting a little wet.


 Mat loved the rocks...in fact we brought a bunch home.  You should have seen us stuffing them into suitcases and trying to get the weight even.  But we got them all home!  The boys also had fun searching for sea glass!



 Cold!!
The reason why we went to Homer was because Mat was going halibut fishing.  I love halibut and he was willing to go out with my dad to get me some!  What we didn't know is how sea sick he would get.  He was miserable!!  He threw-up multiple times over the side of the boat and he even said he talked to mermaids....right.  I really felt bad for him but I wanted some fish!!  Lucky for us he caught some and they came in!
 Sick at sea!
 One thing I hadn't seen by now was any wild animals.  I wanted to see something, I was in Alaska for crying out loud!!  This is the picture Mat sent to me on his way home from Homer.  We had already gone home so we missed it.  Beautiful picture but I wish I had seen it in real life.

1 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Beautiful. I'm surprised you got to take home ROCKS!!! HA!! I love your bright pink pants so stinkin cute!