Just a few minutes from Hillary's house is Mt. Baldy. They took us on this hike one night and I didn't know what to expect. The elevation is 3281 feet but when Hillary said the trail was mostly uphill she wasn't kidding! It started out flat and easy...
Sam picking flowers for me!
An old abandoned shack, the boys loved "exploring it". I was sure an animal lived there!
The trail got a little steeper...
Than ALOT steeper! I could go a few steps than have to stop. Granted I am not in the best shape but holy cow!
The coolest thing was finding wild blueberries!
Almost to the top!
Notice the clouds. From the top you can see Mount McKinley but as we were hiking the clouds rolled in. I was a little disappointed but I ended up loving the clouds! It was very mystical and cool!
On top of Mt Baldy!
Finding more blueberries.
Jared wanted to try a different way down and to say it wasn't the best idea is an understatement. My parents were find in this picture but right after I took in my dad did a somersault down the hill and my mom tried to help but ended up sliding down on her behind! Luckily they were ok, some scrapes and a whole lot of dirt but the lashing that Jared got from Hillary was worse! I don't think they will go that way again! :)
Grandpa covered in dirt!
My boys still talk about this hike. They loved it! The Cardon's are lucky to have this in their backyard!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment