This has been a fun last week before school starts! It seems like we are ALWAYS on the go but we wouldn't have it any other way! We took the boys to the demolition derby at the Utah County Fair this year. This was our first time going and I didn't know what they would think about it but they were really excited! Ben LOVED it but Sam wasn't too sure and was mostly on my lap with his head in my shoulder. I thought it was awesome! We went with Mat's brother and his family and Mat's dad and step mom.
Ben, Makenna and Sam. Notice the tissue sticking out of my boys ears! It was so loud!!!
Waiting for it to start!
This was the craziest one of the whole night! This poor guy (it's crazy how I feel bad for a man who voluntarily signs up to get creamed) kept getting hit over and over until he went over the edge and jumped out of his car. It made my neck hurt just watching it!
Our other first is Sam decided that he wanted to ride a two-wheeler. Mat taught Ben how to and it took an hour to teach him. I was so tired that day but he really wanted to try. Mat was washing the cars so I took the training wheels off and put him on and he just took off! It was awesome! I still had to run by him (hence the sad picture of me in flip-flops...not a good idea) but he did it!
When he did have training wheels his bike leaned to the side. He still kind of does that! Ha!
He is so proud and now he can go on rides with Mat and Ben!
Last but not least, today is Ben's first day of First grade! He is SOOOOO excited! He met his teacher and she is really nice and he was up bright and early to go! I am excited but a little sad that he isn't around. That probably won't last too long! Here is his picture and sadly this is the best smile I could get out of him! 
8 comments:
I love the picture of Ben, so him! Way to go Sammy!!!!! By the way, next time you decide to run after your child on a bike, you might not want to wear flip flops!!!
Wow you guys do stay busy! they are growing up so fast!
Too Too cute for words. Love it.
They are so adorable! Do your boys want to come teach my kids to ride bikes??? Sadly, we don't even own a real bike for either of them, we are so so lame! I told Dan that that needs to be our goal before the cold weather comes!!
so...you think i'm lame with scooter, i know, i know. i can't help it, katie! he is so dang cute. he just breaks my little heart when he's sad.
yes-let's hang. expect an email.
Hope you are enjoying your days. Ben is so dang cute. Lauren loves that he is in the same class. Isn't their teacher so cute.
What a fun post! It made me smile!
I am sure Ben is going to love first grade! And that is awesome that Sam is riding his bike with no training wheels! Do you want to come teach Spencer???
Post a Comment