Aug 19, 2010

"Son's Day"!

Around Father's Day, the boys were wondering why mom and dad get a day but the sons don't. I had to laugh at it but they wouldn't let it drop. For weeks they were asking when they could have "son's day". We finally told them that we would take them camping for their son's day. Mat and I are not big campers. We both enjoy doing it once we get there but the prep and packing is not what we call fun. Since we had the boat this summer, every weekend...and I do mean EVERY...is taken! We finally set a date and went camping up Payson Canyon. We invited our good friends, Cory & Kristin and their little boy Cooper to come up as well.
After the tent set-up we get a family picture. Mat is a real lumberjack with his ax, right? We had enough firewood for us and the next two campers after us!
It was really beautiful and the weather was great. We went on a short hike with the kids before everyone got there.
Mat & I
The boys by a really cool tree that they found. It was so tall. This picture doesn't even do it justice!

My boys and I

Showing off their big muscles...sooo big! Ben is even kissing his "guns". Ha!
The perfect climbing tree! Jessica and her girls and my mom came up for dinner that night. The boys loved to have someone to explore with and get dirty!

Sam is always our helper! If there is anything that needs to be done, he is there!

We LOVE smores!!!
The kids loved having grandma come up to eat dinner. Too bad grandpa had to work!

The hooded gangsters! The darker it would get the sillier they got!

The boys were so excited to sleep in the tent. They each had their own "room" in the tent but when it came to actually going to sleep they wanted to be by each other.
Of course we were early risers, thanks to the sun and the boys wanting to start another fire!

The whole gang after packing up to go home. Even though it was just for one night, it was a blast and the boys loved the first annual Son's Day! :)

5 comments:

Angie said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it! Your boys are so cute. I haven't forgotten about cutting your boy's hair. Our car broke down and I have been stranded for two weeks. I don't know when we will get it fixed. I had to cancel my other appointments too. I am so sorry. If you still need me to fix his hair I would love to, but I don't know when I will get down there. As soon as I can I will let you know. Sorry!

Hillary said...

Wow, you have impressed me beyond words....camping, you must not be my sister! I can tell the boys had a blast. Maybe I can work myself up to it and we can do it next summer when I am there!

Mary said...

What cute boys! Glad you had a great time camping...now you will have to go more often!!

The Swensons said...

Son's Day? At my house, every day is Son's day! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Jacque said...

You and Mat are such nice parents! That looks so fun! I haven't had a computer all summer so, it's been fun looking at all your summer adventures!