About 6.5 years ago, I took Mat to Disneyland for the first time with a then 2 year old Ben and 7 month old Sam. It was one of the worst experiences that I have had a Disney and Mat hated it. The park was so busy that they closed it and wouldn't let anyone in, it rained, it was cold, lines for any ride were well over an hour and this was before Fast Pass. Mat swore up and down that he would never go back. Well, I love Disneyland so I had to fix that.
I planned this trip for the boys a few months ago. I wanted it to be a surprise and I also wanted it to be just our little family of 4. We told them that we were going to St. George, which we did and the next morning was Sam's birthday. They woke-up and opened his presents and while they were eating Breakfast I laid out these...I made the shirts and collected things to put in their bags.
I told them to come in and get dressed. Mat was video taping the whole time. They looked at the shirts and Ben (who had been talking about Disneyland for weeks because of a flyer he got) said why are you giving us this when you are never going to take us there? I laughed and told them to get ready because we are going! They jumped up and down and were super excited!
We headed to Corona Del Mar when we got there to spend some time on the beach. It is so beautiful there. I found my future home...just a small price of 7 million!
Family shot at the tide pools.
The boys were in heaven looking at crabs, hermit crabs, finding cool shells and exploring.
I love these two so much! They are so fun to take places!
The water was pretty chilly. They would let the waves chase them until they both got caught and fell in. After that they didn't care about how cold it was!
Picture taken by Ben
Sam is SEVEN today!
We took a hike around the beaches!
Mat standing in front of his "future" house! This one had to be more than my 7 million one. Wouldn't that be amazing!
We went back to the hotel. Mat took us to a fancy place that he goes to a lot down there and they gave Sam an awesome birthday cake with candle. It was by far the fanciest place I have ever been and having my kids with me made me a nervous wreck! Luckily they didn't break anything!
We headed back and got ready for bed. They boys are ready for Disneyland tomorrow!

0 comments:
Post a Comment