Jan 15, 2013

Ben turns 10 & mom turns 60!

I can't believe that Ben is 10 years old!  Time really does fly!  Right now he LOVES anything Disney.  We took his twice this year and he has fallen in love.  In fact he is going to work there as an imagineer.  He has read every book the library has on the parks and knows everything about Walt Disney...who is his idol.  My parents are going to Disney World in May and told Ben last August that if he saved up $500 they would take him.  I never thought he would do it since he loves to spend money the minute he gets it.  Well, he is $20 away from his goal!  He is so excited but I just realized that he will be gone for a week...without me!  I don't know if I can handle this.

We had a family party and he got some great presents.  He also got some $ which is what he asked for to add to his stash!
 He woke up on his birthday and couldn't wait to open presents!
 Roller Blades!  Too bad it's 5 degrees outside with a ton of snow!  He has gotten a lot of practice in my kitchen.
We didn't do a friend party this year so I took him out of school for lunch and picked up his cousins.  He loves Subway!

The to Red Robin that night.  What a great birthday he had!

 
 Mat took the camera out to get some shots of the birds in the frozen trees.

 Sam in his puffy hat!
 My mom turned 60 this month too!  We started planning her surprise party in August.  Only a handful of us knew.  The kids wanted to decorate the house that day and they did a great job!
 Her cake...which was soooooo good!

 
 So my sister lives in Alaska and when I told her we wanted to do a party she said she was coming, but we were going to surprise my mom!  She got here the morning of the party even though we were having a huge snow storm!  We spent the day getting everything ready and when all the people started to show up she hid in my sisters bedroom.
My mom walked in and was so surprised by all the people that were there!  After a few minutes Hillary called me on my phone to talk to my mom.  She told her how sad she was she couldn't be there and my mom was talking to her when she walked into the room!  I have never heard my mom scream so loud and they hugged and cried!  There was not a dry eye in the room, even the guys!
 Happy 60!!
 All together for the week!  I love it when we are!


0 comments: