Feb 25, 2013

Mummies

Both of my boys have something that they LOVE! 
Ben loves Disney.  He is going to work as an Imagineer when he grows up.  Yes that is a real job, never knew until he told me!  He already has books of rides and ideas that he wants to use. 

Going from one extreme (happiest place on earth) to another (dark and mysterious) is Sam.
 
Sam loves ancient Egypt.  I don't know what got him into that, I think it might be watching the show The Mummy, but he loves it!  He has books, figures, maps, you name it we have it...which isn't saying a lot.  Have you ever tried to find kid things for ancient Egypt???  Slim picking!
So when I saw that the Mummies exhibit was coming to SLC I knew we had to go! 
We surprised him and took him and Ben up to it on Saturday. 
He was VERY excited!!!
He was very sad when it said you couldn't take pictures in the exhibit.  Of course Mat didn't think anything of it and grabbed one of him in front of his favorite thing!  The Egyptian mummy!  Bad cellphone quality picture but oh well!
 
 

We all had different opinions about it.  Mat was creeped out the whole time, Ben thought it was gross, I thought it was amazing, and Sam was right there with me with a little but of gross added!  He saw his first real Egyptian Sarcophagus with a mummy in it and a baby mummy from South America that is 3,000 years older than King Tut!  He loves his facts and can tell you anything about it!
I was so happy we could take him to it even though Ben and Mat were "creeped" out!  :)

0 comments: